About Me

My photo
The contents of my head, plus photo´s and anything else I wish to share with the world. Please remember to acknowledge me if you use my stuff. It may be about you, it may not, you´ll never know! Obviously this blog represents my views and not any company or organisation I may be working for at the time of writing!

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Happy Aniversary Big Sis!

My sister and brother in law were married on the 10th September 2005 and although I´m a little late in wishing them happy aniversary, it´s better late than never! Here is the poem I wrote for their wedding day and read in church:

My sister,
My best friend,
The person I share my childhood memories with,
The one who makes me laugh,
And cry,
The one I can talk to for hours.
Sisterly love is a wonderful thing,
But we live three hundred miles apart.
When Sallianne met Tom she was so happy,
And all the jigsaw pieces seem to fit,
They love and laugh with each other,
Support and cherish one another,
Have learnt to compromise,
Built a house together,
And today are declaring to the world that they will be together forever,
I’m so glad they found each other,
I can’t imagine them being apart,
I want to see them grow old together,
Like our parents and grandparents have,
Family is the most important thing,
It makes us what we are,
We learn all our values from our family,
And most of all,
We learn to love.
Through this marriage I get extended family,
Increasing my love and support.
I wanted to stand here today, and say,
How happy I am for you both,
My sister and new brother,
I wish you a long and prosperous life together,
May you never grow tired of each other,
May we always be as close to one another,
May I be an aunty to your children,
And may you never forget the love,
Shared here today and everyday,
By all of the people who care so much about you,
The only love we keep is that which we share with others,
Thank you for your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment